I had a lovely, and very hectic, weekend. I cleaned the house most all the day on Friday (I had the day off since it was Good Friday). I LOVE it when my house is clean. It’s so refreshing and relaxing. Saturday we had a bridal shower for my sister at my house. It was very nice. Here’s a pic. We played a game where we put all this stuff on an apron, had her walk around the room for about a minute and then everyone had to try to remember as many items on the apron as possible. Michelle got to keep the apron and all the stuff on it as one of her gifts. Cute, huh?

We played this funny game where we interviewed her fiance’ and asked him about 40 questions. Then, we sat the bride down and asked all the same questions to see how many she could answer. For each one she got wrong, she had to put a gummy bear in her mouth. She did really well – she missed only 12 out of 41. They made me do the game with Hubby afterward and I missed 13. A mouthfull of gummy bears isn’t fun when you can’t chew or swallow them. This is a pic of each of us “enjoying” them:

Then, Saturday evening, also at my house, we had my sister’s and nephew’s birthday party. Here’s a pic of my sister’s soon to be step son. He’s too cute.

Then, Sunday, we got up and went to the early service at church – ALL 12 of us (we took up two pews.) After that, we went to my other sister’s house for Easter dinner (and I took a nap on her front porch which was REALLY lovely.) Then, hubby and I came home to clean up my house which used to be really clean and nice but got trashed with all the people and parties from Saturday. It took a couple hours but we got it all cleaned up again before we went to dinner with my sister-in-law. Olive Garden is a really weird place to eat Easter dinner.

Funny, I was actually glad to get back to work today so I could get some rest!

I did, however, get a little bad news today that’s got me melancholy. My father lives several states away. He’s only 56 years old and has had 2 heart attacks. He’s never had to have bypass surgery but has had several stents and they’ve always seemed to catch things early and treat the blockages. However, he doesn’t TELL us any of this is going on. My step-mother sent us an e-mail today telling us he went to the ER last Sunday because he had some dizzy spells. He was in the hospital for 3 days before they released him. They discovered he has another blockage and he’s scheduled for a heart catheterization this Thursday. I’m worried about him. It does seem he and his doctors are really staying on top of things and catching them early (thus preventing bypass surgery) but he’s continued to have things pop up. I think this is his 3rd or 4th stent (not sure as he won’t tell us all the details – DAMN him!!!). I understand that he’s a manly man and he doesn’t want to worry us and doesn’t want us to fuss over him but it’s hard to be so far away and not know what’s going on. I can’t really get mad at my step-mom for it either as I know she’s doing dad’s wishes. I just wish I were closer and could put my arms around him and give him a big hug and tell him everything’s going to be okay. He’s supposed to come down here in about 5 weeks for my sister’s wedding so it will be really nice to see him. Keep him in your prayers, okay?

Oh, a little good news to end with. One of my closest friends had a baby today. Everyone please welcome Ian Rawleigh Miles who was born at 8:21 am weighing 7 lbs 3/4 oz. Big Congratulations Robin, Neal and big sister, Eiley!


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s