Amazing, huh? I told you I was going to try to do better so this is me doing better!
I was cleaning out a closet last night, still preparing for the yard sale, and found a box of treasures. I had a box saved with a bunch of old momentos. They included:
* little stocking cap my daughter wore home from the hospital when she was born
* a crocheted sweater, booties, and baby blanket from when my daughter was a newborn
* my daughter’s baptism candle
* my “Safety Patrol” badge from elementary school (don’t laugh too hard, Hubby has one too!)
* 2 blue and 1 red medal from drumline solo competitions (I wasn’t a dork the entire time in high school – just mostly junior high)
* my cap and gown from high school graduation
* my high school diploma
* a hockey puck
* a giant 3-ring binder with notes, letters and other things written to me by friends from junior high and high school. I laughed and laughed looking back through these things. Literally there are notes in there from like 1986 when I was in the 8th grade!
* I also found a newspaper article from 1984 that was talking about the “current fashion” and had pictures of several of my school friends wearing parachute pants and bright neon colors with 2 pairs of socks and 3 t-shirts with the sleeves rolled up to show all the different colors. It is so funny! For those of you who are too young to know what parachute pants are, enjoy this picture:
Oh, one other thing, remember I said I had 5 books to review before next Tuesday? I was wrong – it’s 6!!!