Yesterday, for the first time in probably 15 years and likely only the 3rd time in my life, I got stung by a wasp. I admit – I said some dirty words. It hurt! I mean HURT, like really really H-U-R-T! Hence the reason I said some rather unladylike things. Then, an interesting series of things occurred on my arm where the sting happened:
* Almost immediately following the sting you couldn’t really see anything. Don’t get me wrong – there was pain but nothing outwardly to show the world that I deserved sympathy.
* About 10 minutes later I started to get a welp that grew to the size of a dime.
* 20 minutes in and the welp started to be surrounded by a small red blotch.
* About 45 minutes after getting stung, the welp was gone but the blotchy red patch increased to a strip about 6 inches long. And the strip was hot and very sore to the touch. I took a picture on my phone and sent it to my entire family hoping to garner some sympathy. My family couldn’t have cared less. Apparently there needs to be the presence of blood for my family to give me any special attention. Cold-hearted heathens!
* About 2 hours later there was nothing. No indication whatsoever that I should be pampered and coddled. Well pooh. If you’re going to get injured at least you should be able to milk it for something, darn it!
* My arm was sore all evening but all looked perfectly normal.
* This morning when I awoke – almost 20 hours after I got stung – I had a red patch back on my arm. Not blotchy this time but slightly red. Oh – there was also one other small difference – it ITCHED LIKE ALL GET OUT!!! I’m not severely allergic so yesterday when Hubby asked me if I had taken any Benadryl I said no, I didn’t think there was any need. I’ve changed my mind. There’s definitely need. Any there’s also annoyance. Why would it be itchy almost 24 hours later??? I’ve decided it’s just to annoy me.
P.S. The song “Hot for Teacher” just came on the radio. I think it’s been 20 years since I’ve heard this song but I still vividly remember the video. Does that show my age?